Sunday, August 18, 2024

Haikus from a Portugese cablecar

 At yesterday's dX Live Open Mic, the word prompt was Connect and the image was this:




electrified car

on an inclined street

step up to step off



compounding incline

at door seventy-two

doubled elevation



tram power sources

electric for going up

gravity for down



look at the tracks

hear the rattling transit

feel your teeth shake



what’s that you say?

you’re talking down to me

let’s switch seats



I think I can

I’ve done it before

I can again



I have no coin

to afford a bumpy ride

I’ll get my steps in



a flat stretch of track

in a car built for slopes

everything’s tilted



six story walk up

in Lisbon’s humid heat

but a priceless view



take down the laundry

for the picturesque photo

it can rehang soon



an old merchant’s game

how far before a barrel

stops rolling downhill



is there free wi-fi?

can I charge my phone for free?

no amenities 



how far up the street

does the fresh sea air rise?

and the fish stink end


thick black cable

a vine running along

internet lifeline



action-movie scene

a cable car chase

it’s faster to walk



cable car tortoise

pedestrian hare

with nowhere to sleep



two-tone tram

mustard yellow with aged white

matching building walls



tram number one

shudders upwardly onward

where’s number two?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Aleesha here!!!

 This is what I wrote during Parz's live on YouTube today. The topic was patterns...  Bending deep and low Reaching as balance shifts… D...