Saturday, September 21, 2024

Haikus of the Future

 The freeXpressions prompt was the Future:



and lead to these haikus:


the future looks

very bright and glowing but

very horizontal


I’m being told

next week’s lottery numbers

thank you future self


I’m so high tech

my clothing, visor, headphones

but not my braces


I’m watching myself

watching myself watching

a scanner darkly


we’re in good shape if

the future is as rosy

as this background


what’s my name?

I think you mean to ask for

my model number


her visor asked me

how may I Mc’help you?

it’s off-putting


maybe I’m old but

in the bright rectangle

I want to play Pong


if she wants to hide

will she also be blind

with the visor off?


movie blockbuster

on the very small screen

but very close up


with the next version

add a snorkel and fins

I’ll be a glow fish


the glowing V-neck

nothing other than

extraneous


look deeply into

the blindingly bright shape

it is now my eyes


so much light outside

yet needs to be dark within

ironic


everything’s perfect

but for the fingerprint smudge 

inside my visor


if everyone wears

this, then I’ll call everyone

Mrs. Roboto

No comments:

Post a Comment

A whole bunch of freeXpressions writing!

 Today's freeXpression prompt was Harvest I first wrote some haikus: oak leaf before shrooms autumn colors of plant rest no chlorophyll ...