Saturday, July 6, 2024

A(nother) Haiku Study

Haiku - My New (Not So) Guilty Passion

I don't blame myself. It's just that the prompts from dX Live Open Mic speak to me strongly. In Haiku.

I think Haiku fit in nicely with my world view - let's start with something simple and from there create something extraordinary. Or at least I hope extraordinary!

My Latest Inspiration

Just look at this image and tell me it doesn't ask, nay, scream, for Haiku:

Prompt word = rose


Properly inspired, I wrote the following:

Petal strewn path

Discover what lies beyond

Is that the hare?


Perfumed obstacles

Miasma tickles my nose

Misstep and I sneeze


Graceful tawny neck

Ink spattered fused amber scales

Pink stained toenails


Party detritus

Wedding guests dance elsewhere

Nature clambers on


Paused tortoise movement 

in dangerous surroundings

Prowling calico



I can't wait to see what the next dX Live Open Mic brings!


~ Parz


No comments:

Post a Comment

Aleesha here!!!

 This is what I wrote during Parz's live on YouTube today. The topic was patterns...  Bending deep and low Reaching as balance shifts… D...